The registration, user account, and score reporting services on this website will be temporarily unavailable from Friday, April 29, 9:00 p.m. until Saturday, April 30, 5:00 p.m. eastern time, for system maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience.
PECT Program Update:
Special Education Test Design Changes
The Special Education PreK–8 and Special Education 7–12 tests are undergoing structural changes effective June 23, 2014. The changes involve a small reduction in the number of multiple-choice questions on each module and the addition of a 15-minute break between modules when both modules are taken together during a single test session. We are making these changes to improve the testing experience for the test taker.
There will be an increase in the fee when both modules are taken together, due to the increased time. The fee increase will be effective June 10, 2014. This is necessary due to the nature of the registration process.
Candidates who wish to take a Special Education test before June 23, 2014, and who wish to take both modules during a single test session, should register for the test before June 10, 2014. The restructured tests will be administered effective June 23, 2014.
Please see the tables below for detailed information regarding these changes.
Special Education PreK–8 and Special Education 7–12 Test Design Changes
Summary of changes to Special Education PreK–8 and Special Education 7–12
- Time changes
- One 15-minute scheduled break between modules when both modules are taken together during a single test session
- Fee changes
- Both modules together: $87 (currently $80)
- No longer able to move between modules
- Each module is a separate test with a break between modules.
- This ensures all candidates will have a standard amount of time for each module.
Want the new test design?
- Register on or after June 10, 2014, and schedule a test appointment on or after June 23, 2014.
- If you register after June 10, do not schedule a test prior to June 23, 2014.
- Current test design continues through June 21, 2014.
Already registered but not scheduled?
If you schedule a test appointment for a date before June 23, 2014, you will get the current test design. If you schedule a test appointment for a date on or after June 23, 2014, you will get the new test design; you will not be charged any additional fees.
Candidates who have already registered and have scheduled a test appointment prior to June 23 may:
- Keep their current appointment and take the test with the current design
- To get the new test design, cancel their current test appointment and reschedule their test appointment for a date on or after June 23